Apple Curry is a perfect food for winter! I used very ripe apples for this recipe that would have gone bad in the next 1-2 days! The sweetness of the apples and the spiciness of the curry mix is a very interesting combination. The hot mix is my favourite for a bigger contrast to the sweet apples but you can definitely use the Medium Hot or even the Mild one for kids! It takes about 30 minutes to make and you have an awesome dinner that everyone will love!
Recipe by: Irene Andreou
IngredientsEasy 30 m 3 serving
DirectionsPrep 5 m Cook 25 m
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the apples and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water (enough to cover the apples) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until apples become soft.
- Break the curry block into pieces and add to the skillet. Stir in well, making sure that the curry has completely dissolved.
- Continue to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.